Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy wasn't careful

Early morning photo of me and Mac

Was feeling faboosh yesterday morning. Complete absence of morning sickness and exhuastion. I also had a hankering for french toast. OoooOOooo french toast with it's bread dipped in eggy goodness, tossed on the griddle and browned just right. Then the butters and the syrups! And powdered sugars!! OOo la la! Oui! Oui!

I even had real coffee! It was awesome. I've been living on Gatorade, peppermints and pretzels for the last week. The french toast tasted so divine. OOo la la! Oui! Oui!

I felt so good in fact that I took us all for a walk in the woods. The trees, the sunshine, ooh! It was all such fun! We even saw a beaver. LA BEAVER LOVE! OOo la la! Oui! Oui!

Then. As we trekked back the nature center it started again. I felt the nausea creeping back into my joints and belly. My eyes became hooded and I left to lay down in the car. Which really, it's my fault. Mommy wasn't careful.

I've been praying for God to help with my worries and fears about this pregnancy. Not so long after, my entire body was commandeered by the sicky and tireds. Which is kind of awesome when you think about it. I mean, my entire body is being overtaken by something the size of a kidney bean. I am just a vessel at this point.

Which is kind of a metaphor for motherhood. These babies just march right in and take over the place. First your body, then your life.

Cheeky little monkeys!


Needless to say, I didn't hold onto the french toast for long. ( I would like to apologize to the bushes outside the nature center. Really, sorry guys). Then Mr. Hall drove us home and offered to take the kids adventuring (a.k.a picking up yard sticks) so I could recover and moan in peace. I love that man of mine.

Later in the afternoon, Pancake crawled into bed with me. She's been noticing I've been sick these last few days. She is starting to worry. So I tell her. "Mommy's pregnant." Which really, it's my fault. Mommy wasn't careful. (HEE HEE)

And her eyes got wide and she is careful absorbing that news. I tell her we are praying and hoping and placing all of this in God's hands because the baby has a long way to grow. Then we hug.

Then I tell her it's ok that I'm sick because I was very sick when I was pregnant with her. Then I give her a wee spank. Because man o man, it was exactly like this with Pancake's pregnancy. Not so much with Mac though.

Then she says, "Well, it must be a girl!"


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!

3 Left a message at the beep:

white rabbit said...

I am sooooooooooo out of the loop. That's wonderful news and I'm sure the bushes didn't mind at all.

*confidential whisper*

they're inanimate - well they grow and stuff but they aren't strong on thinking/emotions...

wv: hernip

Anonymous said...

Oof, sorry to read that you're feeling punky. Hope it passes fast!

Bruce Johnson said...

French Toast, coffee and preggers don't mix.....you should have known that....poor bushes....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...