Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dock DOGS!

Two words people, 'dock dogs'. DOCK DOGS!! This is an event that I stumbled on where dogs jump from a platform into a pool of water. They are measured for distance. I don't want to over sell it here, BUT it was cooler then the other side of the pillow. The bees knees. Hynotic, zen love that soothed the savage soul. I mean, these dogs were.awesome! Labs, retrivers, mutts . . . all doing what dogs do. Getting twitchy and jumping for a toy. Off a dock. The little kids wait for the dogs to jump thusly:
It was an awesome day of no morning sickness and feeling good in the sun. Eating popcorn. Then my kids starting whining and wanting to leave. I normally go into my 'let's soothe them so they can be part of the awesomeness of watching the dogs.' Or 'I'll bribe them with popcorn to delay our exit'. But no, I simply said, "This is the first time Mommy has felt good in two months, I don't care what kind of snot bubble fit you throw. We're not GOING ANYWHERE! So sit down and watch the dogs!" And they did. Hee hee.

3 Left a message at the beep:

velocibadgergirl said...

Dock dogs are so cool! I saw them a couple of summers ago, and they were so cute.

K.D. said...

Awesome LOL photo (the beige dog) and way to stand up for yourself. I should really try that more with my three-year-old. I wonder how he'd take it...

Mrs. Hall said...

JUST REMEMBER YOU ARE BIGGER THAN THEM K.D.!!! hee hee hee :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...