Tuesday, December 21, 2010

They really believe in Santa Claus



Last year it was she believes, this year it's both of them.

My daughter believes in Santa. I've tested the waters. Her belief is unflappable. But she is 8. I fear this may be the last year she does believe. It's only a matter of time before some class mate says something. Then she'll ask us. And it will break my heart.

So I savor this year. I hold it so tight. Because this year she believes that Santa comes and brings presents. She also believes in Elves. She leaves little notes and gifts for these elves that live in our house.

They're a cheeky bunch. They'll open her window shade while she sleeps. Or open her dresser drawer after she leaves a room. Those little Elves are so playful . . .

Then my 4 year old son. He believes. Oh how he believes!

Yesterday, he was being naughty at day care. He wouldn't put on his coat for recess. Dropped to the floor and started a fit. Then he was called to the office. There was a phone call for him.

It was Santa!!

Santa said, "Mac . . you need to be a good boy and listen to your teacher. You go put your coat on right away."

Mac said, "OK SANTA!!!" He hung up and tore back to the classroom. Threw on his winter coat and lined up at lightening speed.

It's just so awesome having these little people, seeing the season through their eyes. It just makes everything so magical. So achingly precious. sniff sniff, I love this time of year!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

3 Left a message at the beep:

Grant said...

Are you implying that Santa is not real? He is one of the old gods and id not particularly kind to non-believers, as is evidenced by the popular ditty:

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus has a chainsaw
And a flamethrower

Maundering mutterer said...

When I was five, I told my mum 'I know who Santa Claus is - its YOU' but I should have listened to Grant - only I didn't know him.

Anonymous said...

It's always the classmates!

Merry Christmas to you'ns and your'ns...

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...