Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Faceplant repercussions

I really want to make this into a well written and well thought out post. But, that would mean I would have to have time to make it so.

So instead you get this.

Faceplant

So, I never thought it possible, but I reached my limit of kid toleration this weekend. It never occurred to me that I would be driven nuts by my own offspring. Yet there it was.

I woke up on Sunday all rubbed raw and oversensitive to the hollers and sirens that are my kids. It was like I was licking a light socket, constantly. It doesn't help that while I'm trying to parent

STOP CLIMBING ON THE SOFA!! STOP BEATING YOUR BROTHER!! STOP THROWING TOYS!! CLEAN UP ALL THIS CRAP ON YOUR BEDROOM FLOOR!! STOP PULLING THE CAT'S TAIL!!

meanwhile . . . .

Mr. Hall is all non chalant.

THAT BUGS ME AND MAKES MY GROWLY EVEN WORSE. Cause he's just sitting there. Blinking and sipping coffee. Headphones on. Playing zombie killing games. Filtering the morning crazy. Meanwhile I am slowly going insane.

Then brunch. Waffles with strawberries. Mac whips his fork around, syrup flies into his hair. Pancake says, "I donlikeredberries!" and pushes her plate away and that's when I lost it.

I yelled, all crazy momlike, "TEN MINUTES AND WE ARE OUT OF HERE!!!!!" Mr. Hall pours his SECOND CUP of coffee, again, all non plussed. Stupid husband with his stupid filters.

"Where are we going babe?", he asks, sipping non-hurriedly.

"I don't know, we are just going!" I spit through clenched teeth.

I strap the kids in the car. We wait because Mr. Hall NEVER HURRIES. He comes out finally and we are off. 40 minutes of driving and we are at a museum. We spent 2.5 hours watching the kids run and be free in an enclosed space. I start to breathe. I actually laugh.

We drive home, poking at Mac so he won't fall asleep. We pull in the driveway. I whip the kids in bed, they are asleep even before I kiss their foreheads. I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow. Seriously, I did a face plant! I have the cheek mark and the sore neck to prove it. I wake two hours later reborn.

All better. All kinds of tolerance and filtering for my holler monkees. I stop yelling at them. And while I am making supper the kids are knocking stuff over and being loud but it doesn't faze me. Doesn't even register!

I discuss the day with Mr. Hall. I let him know the level of distress I was in. And he says, "Babe, why didn't you leave and go somewhere if you were all crazy like that?"

"I can't. I love spending time with them too much."

:)

11 Left a message at the beep:

Mrs. Hall said...

yeah. i need a vacation.

;)

Mrs. Hall said...

BUTTER MONKEES!!!

Slyde said...

i get that way sometimes with mini-me. everything he is doing just grates on me, and then i blow up at him and i feel like a complete ass afterwards...

Mrs. Hall said...

that's the thing, it's every little things, which happens to be them, just being a kid.

bah

blow ups are no good. but. they happen so infrequently and really, noone's perfect.

so. yeah.

here's hoping ;)

Brown said...

I'm momentarily reminded of the instances in which mothers eat their young.....

Kimberly said...

I am not kid friendly.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Can't live with 'em sometimes, but can't bear to be away from them. Damn kids...

Mrs. Hall said...

Brown: heh.

Kimberly: heh.

Maureen: TOTALLY!! the agony and the irony!

Bruce Johnson said...

Apparently.....you are doomed.

Mrs. Hall said...

Bruce: might as well go down fighting I guess

Heff said...

"Heff's Helpful Hints" :

A good AissWhippin' CURES ALL !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...