Saturday, September 13, 2008

MORE FREE BEER!

I have been tagged by Steph to explain five quirks. Quirks are defined as behavioural oddities. This is what I came up with.




1. Ankle socks.
When I wear ankle socks I feel calmed. I feel slimmer, more put together and strong. I love me some ankle socks. Seriously, they have such a calming effect on me that I included them as part of my birth plan. And gave birth with them on.




2. Hummus.
I grew up in a small town. I was raised on canned crap and McDonald's. It wasn't until I was 19, when I moved to the big city, that I found out there was more to eat. I remember where I was when I first tasted hummus. I remember how it felt. And then I tasted Greek olives and feta cheese. It was a whole new world for me. And when I gave my daughter her first taste of Hummus at age 18 months, I cried. That is what hummus means to me.



3. Loud.
I have ADD. Attention deficit disorder. Part of having this is having a reduced ability to organize incoming stimulation. Incoming stimulation includes colors, touch, sights and SOUNDS. If I haven't taken my pill or I am tired and stressed, all of the incoming stimulation comes at me at once. And most sounds become intolerable, like screaming toy monkeys with the cymbals. Now imagine if I get near someone who purposely bangs, slams and is LOUD. Imagine that and you get this. So I tackle this with medication, sleep and yoga. And wait till he is gone.

I know the meme was suppose to be five. But I am tired. The kids are competing in a kind of night time cough Olympics. So let's hope things get quieter around here.

:)






DON'T forget! Potter's ground starts on monday.

1 Left a message at the beep:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gave birth (twice) in ankle socks. My sister had the video camera (at birth number 1)and makes fun of me in it over the fact that I have three or four pair of them in my suitcase.

My daughters have since adopted the same love for them. Or obsession. Symantics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...