Wednesday, July 27, 2011

DOWNWARD DOG BIATCHES


Went back to yoga tonight.
The last time I saw my yoga teacher,
I'd just turned positive on the pregnancy test.
So, she knew when I walked in.
She did the tilted head,
hand on the heart
OH, i'm so sorry thing.

Which again, is ok.

And I felt a little bit ok on the mat.
But it was tough because
JEBUS I AM CHUBBY
The poses don't go so well when you are
'bigger'.
my friggin yoga stretchy pants
were vedy vedy tight.
eeek.


THAT BEING SAID.
I KICKED OPEN THE MAT.
GOT BACK TO MY PRACTICE OF SOME 9 YEARS.
I DID IT.
I BREATHED.
I LAUNCHED
SIX LBS OF SWEAT CAME OUT OF ME.
I FELT SLIPPERY
I BENDED
STRETCHED
and i felt my sore spots.

It was like my back and belly were made of hammered down soil.
i've forgotten how to move them.
i 'm relearning though

BUT I DID IT.
I got back to my mat.
to my beloved hot yoga.
because i am
because i can
because i know this heals me.
It calms the hyper in my head.
It heals the sad in my heart.
I feel the hands of God on my mat.
And for this, i am so thankful.

And it may not feel that way now
but in a few more classes
it'll feel awesome.



2 Left a message at the beep:

Bruce Johnson said...

You might find this hard to beleive, but I actually used to do this. Been ages, and I was not that good at it. But with the way my body is aging, I really should try and get back to it while I still can.

Anonymous said...

Giving you an ATTA GIRL for getting on that mat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...