Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Misheard Swears At the Olive Garden (repost)



A few weeks ago, the wee Pancake (my daughter, age 8), and I were waiting for a table at the Olive Garden. It was crowded.

Some dude was using his cellphone while clogging our space. Very loudly.

He says,

"That FUCKING BITCH".

My head whips around, jaw dropped in disbelief.

I mean, it's not like you can miss a small child standing LESS THAN A FOOT AWAY.

THUMB WRESTLING WITH HER MOMMA!

This is what we do while waiting for things, we thumb wrestle.

I look directly at Pancake. She has a smile on her face. A naughty smile. Eyes all wide. She knows swears have been said in her vincity.

I decide to take the bull by the horns, acknowledge the swear, call it out for the ugliness it is. I say, "Did you hear what that man said?,"

"Yes!", she peeped. "That man called somebody a stupid fish!"


And no, I didn't correct her :)

IN NEW NEWS . . .

My obsession with Mumford and Sons continues to grow unabashed like.

It has everything a girl needs, blue grass, chorus that you can shout out in the car, MOPEDS!!! O!! be still my beating heart!



DANGNAMMITT!!! Who wants to be in a band with me??? Come on!! I could totally be the lead singer, I mean, what I lack in vocal talent I would totally make up for with my babeness!!!

4 Left a message at the beep:

Mel said...

I love it - Stupid Fish - I'm going to borrow that one from your brilliant daughter. I hope you had a good laugh to diffuse your anger at the stupid man!
Good video, his voice is amazing.

Slyde said...

thats one of the things that pushes me right to boiling as well.

when i take mini-me somewhere and someone (usually teens) are cursing when they are sitting right next to me.

i want to bash their heads together....

Brown said...

Effing love that song. singing "And I will hold on hope, and I won't let you choke, on the noose around your neck..."

Mrs. Hall said...

Mel: totally right?

Slyde: you could just look over and give them the stink eye . .

THE STINK EYE!!

Brown: those are some wicked lyrics. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...