Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I watched 'Let the right one in' and Slyde asked what I thought

Slyde is an awesome blogger who asked me what I thought of this movie. And now he has asked me what I think of this one. So here we go . . .

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Making friends, as a kid, is easy. The requirements include living near each other and being around the same age. After that, it's finding out you like the same stuff. And kids pretty much all like the same stuff. Like rubix cubes.



Somewhere around teenage hood we develop different personalities. Different likes, different baggage, different us. Unique grows and forming something special becomes a challenge.



Sometimes, when people pull back their curtains, it's a complete mess. Which I am not. I pull back from these people. Do.not.want.



But.

Bonding and creating something special is possible. Magical even.

It can all begin by just reaching out. Letting yourself be known.



Then, the right one will find you.

Then, you can let the right one in.



It's an awesome movie by the way. I watched it with Olivia on a cold afternoon. This thing I have with Olivia, it is completely unexpected. And the beginnings are very magical indeed.

So grab a friend and hunker down to watch this one. It's not good to see this movie alone.

15 Left a message at the beep:

Slyde said...

i'm glad you enjoyed it.

the movie really surprised me. I had been hearing so much about it for the past year, and when i saw it, it was completely NOT what i expected it to be.

but i still loved it.

Verdant Earl said...

What? No love for the awesome blogger who you first heard about this film from? ;)

Mrs. Hall said...

Yes, suprising is the word. I expected it to be so intense and make me sad. But really, I felt happy for the kids.

Glad they had found each other at that point.

ok then.

you take care ;)

Mrs. Hall said...

Oh Earl, you never asked me what I thought!!

That's what gets the linky love!!

:)

tee hee hee

Verdant Earl said...

Sure I did. We chatted about it in an email exchange.

Therefore I think you should edit this post and delete all references to Slyde and his blog and replace those with...ME! ;)

Mrs. Hall said...

Ok look. If we talked about it in an email then you already you know what I think.

BUT

ask me another question about anything and i'll whip up a post fer ya.

all special like!

;)

Slyde said...

earl, please stop. you're need to associate yourself with me is just embarassing yourself.

Anonymous said...

I tried bonding once, it didn't take.

Mrs. Hall said...

Earl and Slyde: GET A ROOM ALREADY!!

Bamatrav: Maybe you weren't using the right adhesive..addheeeesivvee...

that's an awesome word, no? ;)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Ummmm...that's one heck of a recommendation.

I'm on it.

Mrs. Hall said...

CDC: enjoy!!

Cam said...

Never watched it, will give it a whirl someday, and I will remember that you gave it two Slydes&Earl's up. (as opposed to thumbs, right?)

Anyhoo! Heck no I don't sound that country and neither does she which is blowing my mind! (I'll be darn tootin' if she wasn't just a skeered) :) You do a vlog, and I'll do a vlog. Deal? Now, if you will 'scuse me, I'm off to pick muh banjo and kiss muh cuzin.

Actually, it would be kind of fun! What if I do one and imitate the voice of Slingblade? Do you think anyone will come back?

Cam said...

Mmmhmm...

I like the way you talk...

Bruce Johnson said...

Interesting review....you obviously liked it and it affected you deeply, but I have no clue what it was about.

Mrs. Hall said...

Well, the post was more about my personal life versus the movie. so yeah, you can look up the movie other places. Here, at la blog de senora hall . . . this is me! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...