Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Urges


  • Been having urges lately.
  • Urges to take another pregnancy test. It's a week too early though. So I'll just have to stare at them every time I open my bathroom cabinet. They wait for me so patiently.
  • Sometimes I just want to get another job. This is not unsual. When I became a nurse, LO THESE TEN YEARS AGO, I changed jobs every 2 years. I've been an OB-GYN nurse, a neurology nurse, a county jail nurse, a nursing home/hospice nurse, and a home health nurse. And now, all I'll ever be is a psychiatric nurse practitioner. I'm locked in for 20 and a pension. I love my job but I miss being able to leave.
  • I think it has to do with all the addicts I've been seeing lately. I have prescription pad so they come to me demanding things. And I say, look, I really want to help you, but I am not another source for your addiction. Then they get all pissy and I get all GET OUT OF MY OFFICE. No, not really, I just feel kind of bad. It's not a good scene. Sometimes though, they ask for help. And they go to AA or our rehab. And miracles happen. And that's one of the 1000 things that makes my job so awesome.
  • Enough about my job. My kids are awesome. So happy, so smart, such big hearts. So obsessed with Mario Galaxy on the Wii. I have urges to play it but can't get the hang of the remote. So they play for hours. Little Mac loves being with his sister. He sits next to her, holding his little remote. He can't work it very well but he just loves sitting next to her while she plays. :)
  • So. Another thing. Mr. Hall and I have been feeling this pull to form our own bible study group for couples. Our church is supporting this idea. There are a lot of bible study groups but ours would be the first just for couples. I have no idea how this is going to work. But God is pulling us and we are responding. Wish us luck with being leaders.
  • Well, that's about all I got. What's new with you?

4 Left a message at the beep:

Slyde said...

you'll have to tell me how your little one likes Mario Galaxy. Mini-Me got it for christmas as well, but we havent cracked the cellophane yet.

Mrs. Hall said...

It IS SOOOO COOL. crazy cool. you must open teh package!!

DO IT NOW!!

Bruce Johnson said...

I get the sense that you are getting closer and closer to my mindset here. Much like your job, I get pretty numb to the same hard luck stories over and over for the past 15 years. (actually 22 if you count my work in the private sector), and the urget to leave it all for greener pastures becomes pretty overpowering.

But like, you I have the kids to come home to....in our case the four legged variety. Given pause to think abou it, life would be unbearable without their cold noses and wagging tails when I come home from the office every day.

Bible Study???? What is that?

Mrs. Hall said...

Bible study is well. I can email you about it but.

yeah. it's these kids that keep us here, working so hard. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...