Monday, May 16, 2011

Lazy by design

I don't want to jinx this but my life is pretty lazy right now. I think this is a combination of default and design. Sure I've accomplished things, mom, wife, mental health nurse practitioner, which required a master's degree . . . etc.


But for the most part. I'm lazy as all get out.

i had a dream last night that I was talking with a former friend. She was going to be surgeon but fell in love and decided that the surgeon's hours were not conducive to a normal life. She has a practice in California. She's a family doctor I think. She's also a marathon runner, a mom of one and one on the way. Makes most everything from scratch. I'm tired just listening to her.

Anyway, she was in my dream and I was telling her I'm never on call. I don't work nights or weekends and I have every other Tuesday off. My kids are spoiled silly with all this parent love they have. Even now that Daddy has a part time job, he still works from home. He continues to drop the kids off and pick them up from school.

Except we've taken Little Mac, my 4 year old, out of day care. Which is weird for me. Panic inducing even... "He has his little friends at school . . . he'll fall behind academically . . . they love him there . . . " I pleaded.

Mr. Hall said, "We pay X00 a month for this. He naps an hour and half during the day there. What are we paying for anyway? It makes more sense to keep him home for a while. We have a pool, he'll spend the summer swimming with his sister."

And I bucked about it but I can see his point. I think my biggest objection really, if I look deep down inside, is that I'm lazy. I like to lounge on my days off. Cross stitching, reading, yoga-ing, napping. I like my me time.

But. I am his Momma so I've made a plan. I can't really teach Mac much right now, with being all sicky these days, pregnant and all. But I can teach him to chill out more. To lounge in the sun a little more. Blow bubbles more. Then, we'll go to the park and he can run around and be crazy with other short people while I read a little in the shade. :)


3 Left a message at the beep:

Heff said...

(Pssst...Holly Hall has a tattoo. Past it around...)

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for parks and recreation!

Mrs. Hall said...

Heff: (ok, will do)

GG: yes, parks and rec! so awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...