Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Barbarians at the gate



I want to write a post but I don't really have anything to say. Except this.

No one tells you part of raising kids is a large amount of mind numbing boredom. You are trapped and tethered to their tiny needs. Their needs are simple really. Butt wiping, pushing on the swings, juice, sammiches, tying of the shoes and belly rubs. Simple but huge.

Most of it will go completely unnoticed. As it should be. No one should notice that your Mom is doing her job, being there for you, loving you. It should just be.

Part of my job is to keep up with my job as a wife. Which is hard with the all consuming children. A marriage is like Rome, then there are children, barbarians at the gate, trying to turn the place into ruins. They are very cute though, with their wee viking helmets. Rattling the gate with their chubby little digits.

Wait what was I saying?

OH YEAH

Before I was mom I was wife. After they leave I don't want to look across the table to see a stranger, I want to see my husband. This is what I thought about in Vegas. How so very very awesome this all is. To be a misses.

So that's really all I have to say today. And I think that's enough. :)

4 Left a message at the beep:

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Great post for me today...the barbarians were creating havoc and my kingdom looks like ruins.

And I want to become a wife? Sometimes I wunder.

Mrs. Hall said...

Oh but Candy---the man you will marry seems much more the king to your queen. Surely your empire will thrive

;)

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Enough indeed. So many women forget about the marriage because of the kids. Part of the reason mine didn't work was because I knew when the kids were gone I couldn't be with that person. You are so smart...

Mrs. Hall said...

yeah. vegas was all about the reafirmation of the hot loving awesomeness that is us being man and wife. we need to do it more. often.

;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...