Friday, April 23, 2010

Flashback Friday: My mother in law, wine yeast and a storage shed

Published 2-18-2009. And MAN OH MAN IS IT AWESOME TO READ THIS. Because all my hopes and dreams came true.


This was on my "Daily art" desktop calendar.
It is called "The Worship of Venus" by Titian (1488-1576)
All sorts of chubby cherubs up there ;)

Last weekend, Valentine's weekend, we moved the bulk of our furniture up here.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am telling you people, at the end of next month, we can put our house on the market. The house should sell easily enough. Our house is in a seller's market. (Read: big city everyone loves, economy good) Getting a house up here should be easy. It is a buyer's market up here. (Read: not such a big city and well . . .)

AND THEN THE HEAVEN'S SHALL OPEN UP AND GLORY DAY, GLORY DAY, A THOUSAND VIOLINS WILL BEGIN TO PLAY . . . .

All sorts of chubby cherubs will fly around, strumming tiny little harps. . . .

Meanwhile, I was tickled by this exchange that took place while my husband was dissembling our couch that looks like this:



That is a big bastard of a leather lazy-boy couch. Somehow, my husband unscrewed a bunch of things underneath and separated it into manageable pieces. It is not moveable in the solid chunk form.

It required some effort, this separation, what with the twisting and hunkering, all while the couch was tilted above him.

I know because I read to him from my Sephora catalogue while he worked.

GAWD!! I love the Sephora catalogue. I mean, the way they describe the items just blows me away. I mean, listen to this description (of face cream):

. .. Willowherb, a unique anti-irritant, helps to prevent sensitivities while wine yeast and marine complex combat against environmental damage. The combination of jojoba leaf, a powerful antioxidant, with Burdock root, silica powder, and other effective ingredients refine pores . . .

"Huh, wine yeast, huh. Well, can you shine the light over here?" says Mr. Hall in response.

(It was my job to hold the light btw, I am not completely useless :)



And there is this description of hand cream:

Enriched with 20% Shea butter, this super-creamy balm penetrates quickly to protect, nourish, and moisturize the skin. Honey, almond, and coconut oil are blended with Shea butter to create this unique and extremely effective moisturizer

LORD HOWDY! I mean come on, doesn't it all sound so dreamy? This Sephora catalogue, it is mentally uplifting.

I love the catalogue so much that I took it to dinner with my mother in law that night. Because I still feel tense around his family. Because my MIL didn't come to our wedding on purpose. I never held it against her cause she's kinda nuts. But, I just don't care anymore, I don't care about being tense anymore. And I wanted to continue reading my sephora catalogue.



And I tell ya, it's better than wine, this stuff. I was so relaxed during dinner as I read through the descriptions of the products. Ya see, I just don't care anymore. I am done trying to figure out my mother in law. Done being angry at the past. Done trying to figure out why she does the stuff she does. She was there that night. Really there. And all lovey dovey with Pancake. And that is all that mattered.

Either way, our glorious couch is 0.5 miles away from my work, tucked in a storage shed. It's best friend, our dark cherry wood sleigh bed, is nestling right beside her.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel people. I hear the angels tuning up their violins. And my queen size pillow top mattress? Oh, it's in there too. Happy to be near me again. Patiently waiting for us to snuggle again.

8 Left a message at the beep:

Heff said...

How very materialistic of you, lol !

Mrs. Hall said...

Damn right!

Heff said...

I don't blame you. "You can't take it with you" MY BUTT !

(I read your post this time, lol)

Mrs. Hall said...

WORD UP!

Mr. Hall and I will be buried in that cherry wood sleigh bed!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

sephora is my mother ship.

You be speaking my language.

Mrs. Hall said...

yes. the mothership indeed! :)

Bruce Johnson said...

The women in that catalog look somewhat creepy in my opinion......ewwwww. (I am sorry, the words yeast and beauty should not be used in the same sentence.)

Mrs. Hall said...

BRUCE!

nice to see you around here again. And it's wine yeast buddy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...