Thursday, February 7, 2013

two cups of coffee later



it's a snowy day and none of my patients are showing up. had two cups of coffee. so here. let me blog a bit.

at work it's getting ugly. one of the older nurses is retiring and I'm absorbing some of her responsibilities. (did i spell that right? frigging browser isn't compatible with blogspot so i can't spell check things. but screw them i'm not paying for a domain name!)

ANYWHO. guess who is liquored up and pissed off at me. THE OLD NURSE. there's an expression. Nursing eats it's young. Older nurses hate younger nurses and dammit. The tension is pitiful. She basically called a meeting to complain that her responsibilities are being taking away. Which is not my fault. I'm not retiring or deciding how to divide up her work tasks. But she directs all this crazy ugly crap at me and I NO LIKE!!!

my main coping mechanism for work conflict is to avoid.

AVOID AVOID AVOID. Hide in office. Say nothing. AVOID!!! POKER FACE!!!!

This riles people. The calmer and more remote i get the more they act up. So I went to my boss and fessed up to my feelings. He said avoiding just makes things worse. And get's nothing accomplished.

So i sucked it up and at lunch in the lunch room today. I didn't talk much but sat and listened to someone prattle on and on about stuff. I work with women. Bunch of talkers. It exhausts me.

Because I have a real life. filled with kids and now we are officially a foster family. I have some much joy and happiness in my real life.

i hate when work sucks.

bible study was also cancelled tonight. and i even did the homework and everything.

which helped with the work conflict. a lot! ;)

1 Left a message at the beep:

Anonymous said...

Oh how very hard that must be. But keep on being kind--pour out God's grace and love on her. Her meanness and anger comes from a bad place filled with such sorrow I bet.
NOT to get all preachy on you...it's tough to be kind when someone's a jerk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...